Our annual fundraising campaign runs Pascha through Pentecost, to raise money for mission parishes and evangelism programs.
We encourage every parish and parish Missions & Evangelism Ministry to participate in Mission to America 2021 in some form with the blessing of their parish priest.
How does it work?
- Mission to America launches at Pascha, inspired by the words of the angel to the Myrrhbearing women: “Go and proclaim the Good News that He has trampled down death by death!”
- The Metropolis campaign is hosted via GoFundMe Charity, which allows donors to make gifts instantly and track the campaign’s progress Metropolis-wide.
- We encourage each parish to create a Team Page. Set a goal, track online gifts, and share the page via social media and parish emails. You can even include offline gifts in your total.
- Follow our Ministry on Facebook and Instagram four days a week, for you to share to your parish Facebook pages and Instagram stories.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Mission to America flier
- Book Study flier
- Special guests flier
- Share Your Story flier
- 2021 Mission Parish Projects overview – 2 pgs
- Images from Facebook & Instagram flier
- Tips for Coordinating MTA2021 in your parish – 2 pgs
2020 Video Message
Why does the campaign name change periodically?
Every three years we aim to change the theme of our annual fundraising campaign in order to give parish organizers a new and interesting theme to develop in decor, rewards, and messaging. Whatever the name, the fund support the same great cause: Growing Orthodoxy in America! Here are a list of the past themes:
- 1991 – 2014 – Pennies & Prayers
- 2015-2017 – Mochas for Missions
- 2018-2020 – Missions Possible
- 2021 forward – Mission to America
Pascha to Pentecost
Experience shows that a short, focused, and limited timeframe is most effective for fulfilling the two goals of this campaign: to educate and fundraise. Parishioners should feel a sense of accomplishment when the campaign concludes at Pentecost. That positive feeling will be remembered when the campaign rolls out again the following year.
If parishioners prefer to write a check, they may make it out to “Metropolis Missions & Evangelism Ministry” and send it to 14485 SW Walker Rd., Beaverton OR 97006. Please note the correct address is in Beaverton, Oregon; checks mailed to San Francisco will experience a significant delay in processing.