On November 6th, the Missions and Evangelism Ministry will host an online presentation by Joe Kormas. Joe will present on the topic of “Principles of Evangelism.” You can view an outline of the talk from the document titled “A Collection of Practical Principles of Orthodox Evangelism.”
All our welcome!
Date: November 6th, 2023
Time: 6PM PST
Location: Zoom (The zoom link will be sent out to those who register)
Joseph Kormos has dedicated the last seven years to nurturing and invigorating Orthodox parishes, guiding them towards becoming dynamic, modern Orthodox communities deeply rooted in Christ’s teachings.
With an impressive track record spanning over four decades in strategic planning, marketing, corporate consultancy, group facilitation, and event organization, Kormos presently helms the Parish Development Ministry for the Orthodox Church in America’s Western Pennsylvania Archdiocese. Here, he crafts and delivers workshops, curates the “Parish Pulse” newsletter, and designs resources for parish stewardship, outreach, management, and fostering positive change.
A sought-after voice, Kormos has taken center stage at various industry and Orthodox gatherings.
Cincinnati is home for Kormos, where he resides with his spouse of 37 years. Their family, comprising two children and three grandsons, passionately practices Orthodox Christianity.
Key Orthodox Contributions:
- Spearheaded over 40 Orthodox planning workshops across the US and Canada, supplemented by a series of online webinars.
- Held a pivotal six-year tenure as the chief of the Parish Development Ministry for the OCA’s Midwest Diocese.
- Pioneered the OCA Parish Profile survey and crafted the Orthodox Parish Health Inventory model, a pivotal assessment tool for Orthodox congregations.
- Devoted 12 years to the Diocesan Council of the Midwest Diocese OCA.
- Orchestrated planning for three OCA All American Councils.
- A cornerstone member of Christ the Savior-Holy Spirit Church in Cincinnati, Kormos has donned multiple hats, from parish warden and treasurer to assistant choir director and stewardship campaign chief.
- Initiated his spiritual journey being ‘Baptized Orthodox’ at Archangel Michael Orthodox Church in Cleveland, OH.